- 24 large raw shrimps, peels and tails removed
- Non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp grated lime zest, + juice 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 large California Avocado, diced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 24 tortilla chip scoops
[caption id="attachment_17983" align="aligncenter" width="550"] Shrimp Taco Appetizer[/caption]
Click on Arrow Button to read full post
Easy Way to Cook Pan Pizza & Recipe
Pizza is one of the best dishes in the world. The great thing about pizza is the simplicity of it. It is straightforward, yet surprisingly variable in terms of how you can cook it and what to top it with. If you love pizza, but you are looking for something new, check out this easy way to cook pan pizza. No oven required – you just need your imagination and ten minutes to spare!
- 1 pound pizza dough, either store-bought or homemade
- 2 tsp. Of cooking oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce, either tomato sauce or pesto
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups of chosen toppings, including diced onions, peppers, sausage, chicken or pepperoni etc.
The above ingredients make two 10-inch pizzas. So, if you want just a single pizza, you can simply half the total recipe. You can purchase your ingredients from Morrisons Groceries, which also stores great store-bought dough. If you want, you can buy the dough ingredients and prepare your dough. By storing it in the freezer, you can just pop out the dough a day before you want to cook your pizza.
To make the pizza, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Roll out your dough by dividing it into half. Flour your counter and create an equal circle with both halves. If you have uncooked ingredient, such as raw chicken, flavour and cook them on the stove.
- Place your skillet over medium heat and add the cooking oil. Place the rollout dough in the skillet and cook until bubbles start forming on top and the underneath of the it starts looking golden. Deflate your bubbles! Flip the dough on the other side and add your chosen sauce.
- Add your toppings with a generous serving of the grated cheese and cover the skillet. Reduce the heat and allow the cheese to melt. You want to keep the pizza covered for around five minutes. Check under the lid to ensure it is not burning; reduce heat if it seems to be cooking too quickly.
- Once the cheese has melted and the bottom looks golden brown, you can remove the pizza from the stove and cook your other half. Keep the cooked pizza warm by covering it with a foil.
The key to get pan pizza right is about the heat at which you cook it. You should never place the dough in a cold pan, but heat the oil properly to get a crispy finish. Once the crust starts cooking, reduce the heat to ensure the middle part of the dough remains soft. Once you add the ingredients and cover the skillet, you want to keep the heat at medium to allow the cheese to melt but not burn.
You also need a good skillet for the job. For some added crispiness, run your pan pizza under the broiler for a minute at the end of the cooking process. This gives it more traditional flavour, but it isn’t necessary if you are in a rush.
There you have it! A stunningly simple, yet deliciously easy way to cook pan pizza. The recipe can be customised according to your taste buds and it’s perfect for charming your friends and family with your cooking skills.